Monday, April 20, 2009

How do you get rid of the Static noise when working on FL (Fruity Loops) Studio?

everytime I load multiple tracks or synths, I start to get a static noise, and its buggin the crap out of me. Can you please help me out.

How do you get rid of the Static noise when working on FL (Fruity Loops) Studio?
Hmm...I think I know what you%26#039;re talking about. Some synths are more resource-consuming than others. Sytrus is the worst FL plugin in this regard. I can only run 2 Sytrus tracks before I start getting the pops and clicks.





What you can do is change your buffer length.


1) Load up a song with enough stuff to cause the static


2) Go to Options %26gt; Audio settings


3) Let the song play


4) Move the %26quot;Buffer length%26quot; slider (under the %26quot;DirectSound properties%26quot; label) to the RIGHT until the clicks stop.





I don%26#039;t really know what that does, but it%26#039;s worked for me in the past. I%26#039;m sure the help file has more info on it. But general advice is to hold back on using a ton of synths, especially CPU-heavy ones. Getting a good soundcard also helps...a lot. My other computer has an M-audio audiophile, which was only $100, but it lets me do so much more.





Good luck.





EDIT:


Reading up a little on this, it seems that the goal is to avoid %26quot;underruns%26quot;. When the buffer length is too short, you%26#039;ll see the underruns counter start to run (and you%26#039;ll hear the static). So you really want to get the slider to the point where you JUST stop seeing underruns, to maximize use of your system.



games hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment