Monday, August 3, 2009

When I Log into Yahoo Messenger and it imediately logs me out, and loops. How do I fix this problem?

Yahoo Messenger worked fine last night this morning doesn't work. Everytime I try to log on it logs off then trys to log on and does a continuous loop. No changes to my system. No add on's installed.


Windows xp professional.





Did the following with no resolution:


1. tried to restore my system to a week ago


2. deleted all of yahoo! programs and reinstalled


3. Deleted both the cache and profiles from yahoo!


4. downloaded v7.0 and tried to use it with a clean install


5. upgraded back to v 8.0





Any help would be appreciated. I'm lost on what to do next.

When I Log into Yahoo Messenger and it imediately logs me out, and loops. How do I fix this problem?
the yahoo fix for this is when you are in messenger but have not tried to login, click the connection or message up in the menu bar. Select firewall with no proxies. This stopped the "cycling login" but it DISABLES the voice chat- which pisses me off.





I want to ask if you have zone alarm. Because something obvipusly changed in the last week or so that started causing this. I have XP pro, IE6. Since everything else works, and I reisntalled messenger, I can only conclude it's a firewall issue or some stupid security thing. Now, I did open all the ports in my firewall that yahoo wants open (TCP,UDP, you name it). Opening the ports still has not resolved the problem. If you dont care about the fancy features there is a yahoo web chat that is very stable. But then, no cam and no voice. The only reason i like messenger is the voice chat feature and of course it is the one giving me the most problems. But the bouncing login issue- that's a recent thing for me.



skin tags

No comments:

Post a Comment